Thursday, March 19, 2009

Extend an "Olive Branch" Gift of Jewelry

Have you ever had the experience of apologizing for a mistake yet still felt that nagging feeling that you wanted to make up for it in some tangible way? I've had this experience on several occasions but didn't really find a good way to relieve the feeling until I decided to offer a token of apology by giving a gift of customized jewelry.

To my surprise, the receiver of the gift was rendered speechless by the gesture and immediately reacted by saying "you didn't have to do that!". I had made a pair of earrings for her and wrote her a sincere little note of apology with the intention of leaving it on her desk. To my surprise, she was in her office when I came by. I then explained in person and gave her the earrings.

The goodwill generated by extending this "olive branch" was definitely understood as a token of peace and good feelings. The result was very positive and, clearly, there were no hard feelings left after this interaction. This is just one more positive way to use your jewelry-making skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment